Monday, February 8, 2010

Change: It starts with me

Our country urgently needs young leaders who are willing to serve unselfishly. In our efforts to change our world, we find ourselves changed in the process.
As a young leader, I will begin by inspiring our parents, elders, sisters, brothers, relatives, teachers and neighbors to be circumspect and resolute in the exercise of their right to choose and influence our future. As a young leader, I will be the beacon and model of nation-building in the grassroots, and in influencing others to seize every opprtunity and sustain initiatives to build a greater nation.
I have seen the problem in our society. We lack discipline and the crab mentality wherein when an individual is successful, we pull them down because we don't want to be left behind. Our country is not progressing because we don't have discipline. Our leaders nowadays are stealing the money of our country for themselves.
Jose Rizal said, "Ang kabataan ang pag-asa ng bayan." I know that I have a big part in making a difference in our society. This is the right time to make a change in our community. I can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment